Transfer to Cochise College

Prospective students who have attended other regionally accredited colleges and universities must have official copies of their academic records sent to the Registration Office.

Accredited higher-education institutions are those that are accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and Western Association of Schools and Colleges.

Transfer of college- or university-level courses will be accepted from non-regionally accredited institutions that are listed in the latest edition of the Higher Education Directory, a directory of postsecondary, degree-granting institutions in the U.S. and its possessions and territories accredited by regional, national, professional and specialized agencies recognized as accrediting bodies by the U.S. Secretary of Education and by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).

Students who are requesting an evaluation of transcripts for the purpose of seeking a Cochise College degree must have submitted an admissions application to create a student record.

The following regulations govern the acceptance of academic credit from other institutions:

  1. Courses accepted for transfer-in credit must have been completed with a grade of C or better.
  2. Cochise College may grant academic probation to students who transfer in with an earned grade point average (GPA) below 2.0.
  3. Students who have been academically dismissed from another higher-education institution may not attend Cochise College for one full semester after dismissal.
  4. At the discretion of the Aviation Department, a professional pilot candidate who transfers to Cochise College may receive credit for previously earned certificates and ratings if he/she completes at least one Cochise College flight course resulting in a certificate or rating.
  5. Grade point averages earned at other institutions are not calculated with GPAs earned at Cochise College.
  6. College transcripts must be mailed directly or sent electronically by the sending institution to the Registration Office. Official sealed transcripts carried by the applicant are acceptable.
  7. Evaluation and posting of credits occurs once a student has been admitted to Cochise College. Students may not request an official Cochise College transcript until they have registered for and completed at least three credits of Cochise College coursework with a grade designation of A, B, C, D, F, P or AU (audit).