Student Complaints and Grievances

Students who have complaints, grievances or personal concerns about a Cochise College course, instructor or grade are encouraged to first discuss the problem with their instructor. Students who are still dissatisfied may contact the appropriate academic dean or director or submit a student complaint form at

Student Complaint Log

All complaints directed to college personnel by students are considered important and will be addressed by the respective employee, department and/or office personnel pursuant to Policy 4008.

Complaints are documented and investigated, and their resolution and/or disposition noted, with a record of such complaints maintained for no less than two years. Information about these complaints will be shared with the college’s accrediting agency, the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association; however, individual identities of students will be shielded without the express permission of said complainants. The complaint log is reviewed on an annual basis by the vice president for instruction/provost, who ascertains whether the complaints follow any particular pattern and whether special intervention, direction and/or staff development is needed to mitigate subsequent complaints or address institutional problems.